Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The power of 10-Bethany

Today is Day Two of my Orange Rhino Challenge.

*Happy Dance*

I made it through Day One!

Here is how that day went...

Yup...baking soda!

I finally got both girls down for a nap at the same time. Do you know what that means?

I could take a shower! Woooo!

Clearly a certain 2 1/2 year old woke up during my shower. 
My first thought was to yell, "NEVAEH! WHY did you do that?!"
I stopped myself. I remembered that a few days ago I had sprinkled baking soda on that chair because Savannah vomited on it. So Nevaeh was probably trying to help me.

Instead of yelling, I sat her on the Thinking Chair, cleaned up the mess, and then explained that next time she wants to help Mommy clean, she needed to ask me first. She said, "I sorry Mommy, I make a mess. I love you sooo much!"

I'm so glad I didn't yell ♥


Lesson I learned? When faced with an onslaught of baking soda-covered-chair (Or whatever naughty incident) count to 10 before you react. Think to yourself "Why did they do this?" instead of yelling, "WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!?!" 

You may find that they had sweet intentions, if less than perfect execution of said intentions.  

Day Two is pretty stellar so far! Tomorrow I think I'll explain the aforementioned Thinking Chair I created a while back :-)

Have a Rhinoceros day!

No comments:

Post a Comment